Saturday, March 2, 2013

Bare Naked Sylvia


Years ago, when I finally decided I was ready to make soap using the cold process method, I created a recipe that to this day remains my favorite one of all. I've tweaked it a little over the years, but its most powerful elements continue to be the naturally deodorizing lemongrass essential oil and the skin scrubbing apricot seeds.

I won't get into the details of how I came up with the name. That story is a neogreek tragedy plagued with unrequited love, unfathomable avarice, and mind boggling inherent torture. I may be blowing things out of proportion but all you really need to know is that I was inspired by someone to make something completely natural for the first time.

Previously I had been making soap with synthetic colors and scents, and after I made Bare Naked Sylvia I continued to use some of them. But my mind is made up; I want to make things all natural now. I'm even working on reformulating some other recipes to make them all natural without sacrificing their unique qualities. 

Its because of this that Bare Naked Sylvia has changed. Today, I make it with aloe vera juice, coconut oil, and copaiba balsam essential oil among other things. If you have oily skin, this soap is the one for you. It will clean and refresh your body and tighten your skin. I have a few 5 oz. bars available for $6. Please send all inquiries to my email address: ya.esparza@gmail.com. Of course if there is something else that you need to combat your specific skin problems, feel free to send me an email and we can work on making a recipe specifically for you for around the same price. 

There is so much that goes into the cold process method that I'm just not sure how to approach teaching you how to do it. But I promise to get to it eventually. I think I would have to do it in a series of lessons since there is so much to cover. I'll leave you with a video I found online to give you a brief over view of how its done and how it works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment