Saturday, February 16, 2013

Immunity Booster


I've already fallen by the wayside, and haven't kept my promise to write once a week. Roger and I have started the process of buying a brand new home and we've been stuck doing paperwork, gathering documents, and in countless meetings. We're both very excited about the whole thing, especially since the floor plan we chose will offer enough space for him to have his own music room and me to have my own crafting area. I already have my eye on a few pieces of furniture that are really going to help me work more efficiently and are aesthetically pleasing. It's going to take quite a few months, but when the Terra Craft-Room is ready I'll be sure to share some pictures.

For now I'll share with you something that I made in my current work area. (the dining table) Earlier this year I made an immunity boosting syrup which really came in handy last week. Before I go into the details I must warn you that it is slightly disgusting. If you don't like onions or garlic then I'm afraid, for you, this syrup will be unpalatable. But when I first saw signs (coughing. sneezing, runny nose) that I was coming down with a cold, it only took a couple of teaspoons of this stuff to bring that cold to a complete halt.

Now I'm no doctor, so I can't really say for sure that I was getting a cold. What I can tell you though is that garlic and onion work much like antibiotics. Adding them on a daily basis to your food will naturally help you fight off viruses. Most of you already know that eating fruits high in Vitamin C can also help you, as well as consuming honey. If you already eat these things daily, you might not need my extremely repugnant syrup. But for those not so special times when you need a little something extra, here it goes:

Step 1: Gather All Materials
8 oz. mason jar
4 oz. mason jar
6 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/4 white onion, finely chopped
juice of half a lemon
3/4 cup of honey

Step 2: Place All Ingredients In 8 oz. Mason Jar
To be honest, I'm not really sure about how much honey I put in this thing. I basically filled up the jar until it reached about an inch under the fill line. Allow the ingredients to sit in the jar for three days. Flip the jar once in the morning and once in the evening. 

Step 3: Strain Honey Into 4 oz. Jar
Using a colander or cheese cloth, get as much honey as you can into the smaller mason jar. You should be able to smell the garlic and onion. When you feel like you're starting to get sick, stir a tablespoon of this stuff into your tea. It won't taste as bad if you do it this way, but it will still leave a garlicky after taste. I recommend having access to a toothbrush and paste when consuming this. Do this three times a day when feeling sick or once a day to prevent sickness. Do not give to children younger than three.

I really hope this helps those looking for more natural alternatives to placate your symptoms. If you dare try this, let us know how it worked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment